Saturday, August 16, 2008

Hand pencilled, hand inked Movie 80's Poster Series






















Here is the sketch that I will soon be inking. This one has been planned out better that the Return to Oz piece. I like the composition better and I am looking forward to inking it but also am a little scared of messing it up. But I just gotta do it.
Ok the inking is done. Still needs work. Thinking of trying to color it in digitally later. This movie was my choice since it is one of my favorites.




Return to Oz...Joanne's movie choice and Birthday present. (You can pick it up any time, Joanne. The original is 11"X14", and I don't have a folder or backing unfortunately, so if you have any cardboard from the school you might think about getting one to protect it.) I hope you like it. I'm a bit rusty in my inking. Sung Ryen suggested I make Dorthy pop out more and I think I was able to do that, I would still like to add a bit more depth to places, but then again no...This is micron pen and brush pen on Strathmore Bristol.

The Movie is by Disney and it came out in 1985 starring Fairuza Balk and directed by Walter Murch, based on the Frank L. Baum's novles about Oz.

No comments: